1. It was made of 100% real meat. The meat came from a local family butcher in Los Angeles.
2. It smelled good. Gaga said it had a sweet smell.
3. The dress weighed about 50 lbs.
4. The meat was cheap. Peter Cacioppo, butcher at Ottomanelli Brothers on the upper East Side, said: “There are no expensive cuts here, no real steaks. The best you’ve got is the flank steak on top of her head.”
5. It was comfortable. Gaga said it was the most comfortable dress she wore all night.
6. The meat was 100% natural. No preservatives were added.
7. There was no bloody trail. Franc Fernandez, the designer, said: “It’s actually very clean meat, very sturdy and strong and doesnt run at all. It’s the meat you use to make a roast, where you roll it in a tortilla and put it in the oven.”
8. The dress will eventually turn into beef jerky. The meat dries out, rather than rotting. It becomes jerky.